• Recent Questions
  • Popular Questions

Whats the max external memory size for Android Tablet?

I am looking to buy an android tablet but I want to know if I could buy a 32 GB memory card, and it work just fine, I tried looking at all type of brands of tablets but the highest I seen was 16GB. With the android software being at 2.1 or 2.2 are there ways for the android software to update to current android 2. whatever?

Incoming search terms:

  • android tablet external memory
  • Tmax tablet memory card
  • Tmax Tablet com
  • TM9S775 firmware
  • Memory Card for Tmax TM9S775
  • Memory Card for Tmax Tablet
  • is 32 gb a lot of memory for a tablet
  • how much memory can i add to my verizon eclipse 7 tablet
  • how much additional memory can you have in a Tmax tm9s775 tablet
  • tmax tablet not recognizing memory card

    Mark Larpen
    Posted 3 years ago

    Most of the current Android tablets cant take more than 16GB memorycards and it isn’t adviseable to upgrade them to versions of Android beyond what comes preloaded (you don’t know how they will handle it).

    You can hack the firmware without too much trouble after a little Googling but honestly your best off waiting another month or so for some of the better Android tablets to turn up. If you buy a cheap Android tablet your going to get what you pay for.

      tk
      Posted 3 years ago

      i think now android tablet max high 16 GB

        ps2koder
        Posted 3 years ago

        Most of the Android Tablets are 16Gb, but there are a few that actually let you use 32GB, some in the way of 2 microSD card slots. This is the one I have, and I am using 32GB with it.

        A lot of it had to do not with Android OS, but the new Android 2.1 and the beta 2.2 allow 32GB as did some earlier versions. But the hardware on most of the Android Tablets didn’t support it.

        I can whole heartedly recommend the 10″ one that I have. It works and runs like a charm. It costs more than the 7″ ones, but a lot of 7″ ones actually only have a 300MHZ processor, which I had before, and even the gui was jerky and buggy.

          Ⅾαɼƙ Uɱɓɼҽoɳ™
          Posted 3 years ago

          Most will take 16GB no troubles. Some of the more premium ones such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab (probably the best around at the moment but stay tuned) will take 32GB.

          The Android OS won’t affect it. My HTC desire took a 32GB card on 2.1 AND 2.2.

        4 comments on “Whats the max external memory size for Android Tablet?

        1. Mark Larpen on said:

          Most of the current Android tablets cant take more than 16GB memorycards and it isn’t adviseable to upgrade them to versions of Android beyond what comes preloaded (you don’t know how they will handle it).

          You can hack the firmware without too much trouble after a little Googling but honestly your best off waiting another month or so for some of the better Android tablets to turn up. If you buy a cheap Android tablet your going to get what you pay for.

        2. i think now android tablet max high 16 GB

        3. Ⅾαɼƙ Uɱɓɼҽoɳ™ on said:

          Most will take 16GB no troubles. Some of the more premium ones such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab (probably the best around at the moment but stay tuned) will take 32GB.

          The Android OS won’t affect it. My HTC desire took a 32GB card on 2.1 AND 2.2.

        4. ps2koder on said:

          Most of the Android Tablets are 16Gb, but there are a few that actually let you use 32GB, some in the way of 2 microSD card slots. This is the one I have, and I am using 32GB with it.

          A lot of it had to do not with Android OS, but the new Android 2.1 and the beta 2.2 allow 32GB as did some earlier versions. But the hardware on most of the Android Tablets didn’t support it.

          I can whole heartedly recommend the 10″ one that I have. It works and runs like a charm. It costs more than the 7″ ones, but a lot of 7″ ones actually only have a 300MHZ processor, which I had before, and even the gui was jerky and buggy.

        Leave a Reply

        Other Questions